Re: I can attach in SQL Server, but can I in Oracle?

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 15:05:31 +0200

Ron Fluegge wrote:

> I have no problem with creating the tables with SQL scripts; it's
> just the 5,000 rows of data to load with INSERTs. As one person who
> responded commented, that 5,000 rows being loaded is nothing, it's
> the creating the 5,000 INSERTS that's the pain in the butt ... but
> then again someone is probably going to point me to a very easy way
> in Oracle to do that. That would be nice.

If I remember correctly the rows are your so called "starting set". Maybe you should take a look at SQL-Loader which is an Oracle-Tool for inserting data derived from flat files into your tables. I use it rather often to get [Quoted] economic data into an Oracle 9i database. I sometimes load over a million rows into one table, and it does not last very long. So my advice for you is [Quoted] to look at SQLLDR (that's the executable you have to call) and find out if it suits your needs. information on SQLLDR is found in the "Utilities" Guide at Oracle. The link to it is: http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652.pdf

Cheers Moritz Received on Sat Aug 09 2003 - 15:05:31 CEST

Original text of this message