Oracle Forms: Need advice

From: Dave Williams <davetati_at_dsli.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:43:26 -0400

All,

[Quoted] [Quoted] Need some advice on what the best way to handle the following situation is.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a form that is based upon a DB table. There are about 4 columns that [Quoted] [Quoted] are id's and link to other tables. I have a post_query trigger that obtains [Quoted] the data from the relevant tables and puts them into text fields on the [Quoted] [Quoted] form. So, the id fields are never displayed. If a query is run and I then [Quoted] elect to close the form it asks if I want to save the data, assuming here [Quoted] [Quoted] that since the data was loaded into text fields Oracle Forms is now thinking [Quoted] that the data has been modified.

[Quoted] [Quoted] What I have done in the past is to use the set_record_property in the [Quoted] post_query table.

Is there a better way of handling this ?

Thanks in advance.

Dave. Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 15:43:26 CEST

Original text of this message