SQL*Plus TTITLE Incorrect on Last Page

From: Lisa Tracy <lisakwaj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 15:28:19 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I posted this request for help to comp.databases.oracle last week, but didn't receive any responses. I'm hoping the tools group might yield a suggestion or two. I know SQL*Plus isn't a very glamorous tool these days, but I'd really appreciate any help you can provide.

I have an irritating little puzzle that I'd love suggestions for solving. I am using Oracle 8.0.4, and have a SQL*Plus report that gathers labor costs by project number for a given accounting period. The project number appears in the TTITLE of the report, like this:

TTITLE LEFT 'PROJECT NUMBER: ' projno SKIP 1 - ...

And of course I have a COLUMN definition like this:

COLUMN project_no NEW_VALUE projno FORMAT A1 NOPRINT

This report BREAK's on the project number, and on the report, with a page break between each project. And we COMPUTE the SUM of the labor costs by both project number, and for the report.

The puzzle is this: The last page of the report doesn't contain any detailed data, only the total labor costs for the report's accounting period. But the TTITLE for this page still displays the project number from the previous page.

Will I have to split the report total out into a separate query, with separately defined TTITLE, or is there a way to control the project number display (preferably leave it blank) for the last page of the report?

Thanks for your help!!! Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 00:28:19 CEST

Original text of this message