storage concept

From: Christian Bielzer <christian.bielzer_S.P.A.M_at_siemens.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:18:38 +0200

Hi to all,
I need your support. I am having a customer who needs to archive documents of different types (eg. html, tiff). These documents need to be archived on optical media (worm), so they can not be changed once they have been stored to the archive.

I have heared, that it is possible, to store data using the Oracle Text cartridge. That would fit for the html-documents. But how about the image-files? Afaik, they can be stored along with their attributes either as blobs or bfiles in the database.

There are different options to achieve the goal of an archive:
- the image file as a bfile will be stored directly on the optical media
(worm) while its attributes will be stored in a tablespace on a HDD
- the image file is stored on the optical media. Afterwards the "reference"
will be stored as a string in a table along with the attributes
- the image file is stored as a blob along with the attributes in a table. A
backup of the tablespace on the jukebox would be necessary afterwards.
- a tablespace will be created on the optical media jukebox (If that is a
technical option I doubt it would make sence)
- the

Has anyone experiences in any storage concept or can think of another one that would make sence? I am really open minded as I am a newbie to the archiving issue.

TIA Christian Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 13:18:38 CEST

Original text of this message