execute immediate from a procedure across a link

From: obakesan <cjundieseastwd_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:56:09 GMT

HiYa

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm getting an error on executing a procedure across a database link.

This program encounted the following error: ORA-02064: distributed operation [Quoted] not supported

I don't understand my mistake.

I've got 2 databases, in one database I've got the procedure

create or replace procedure dump(result out varchar2, perror out number) is begin
perror := 1;
[Quoted] execute immediate 'truncate table BILLY'; exception
WHEN OTHERS THEN
   result := 'This program encounted the following error: ';    result := result || SQLERRM;

  • rollback; perror := -1; end dump;

then on the other database I have

create or replace procedure testa(result out varchar2, errorValue out number) is
begin
[Quoted]   sis_dump_at_oldcas(result,errorValue); end testa;

begin

  • Call the procedure testa(result => :result, errorvalue => :errorvalue); end;

it just won't work with that execute immediate in it .... any thoughts?

thanks

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood

we tend to blame others for our problems I think this is something we inherit from our parents

please remove undies for reply Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 09:56:09 CEST

Original text of this message