Re: JDeveloper menu problem

From: Eric Parker <eric.parkerthedross_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:16:57 +0100

"Eric Parker" <eric.parkerthedross_at_virgin.net> wrote in message news:5vwTa.187$hD1.3849_at_newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...
> I'm running JDeveloper 9.0.3.1035 on Win 2k Professional with 1GByte RAM.
> It has been working fine for some weeks now but today ...
> When I select any of the menus (File, Edit, Search ...) the drop down menu
> is
> hidden beneath the System - Navigator window or any of the other windows
> that might be there. I've tried killing the windows and opening them again
> through View but the problem remains.
> This has happened once before and I removed/re-installed JDeveloper to fix
> it.
>
> Does anybody know of a fix that doesn't require re-installation of
> JDeveloper ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> eric
>
> --
> Remove the dross to contact me directly

Replying to my original post.

I finally found the file causing the problem. jdev\system9.0.3.1035\Editing.layout

I couldn't find the parameter causing the problem but deleting the file caused it to
be recreated. You lose your ide environment settings but no great hassle compared
with being unable to use the menus.

Anyway here it is for any other unfortunate jdeveloper.

eric Received on Sat Jul 26 2003 - 13:16:57 CEST

Original text of this message