unix vs. windows: env variables in sqlplus

From: william milbratz <milbratz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 17:23:55 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] Can I access environment variables from sqlplus in OS-neutral fashion?

I couldn't find anything in the official documentation, but I came across a post on experts-exchange that suggested I could access environment variables in an sqlplus script as follows:

  SET FEEDBACK OFF;
_at_ %TEMP%/gen.sql
_at_ %TEMP%/gen_ja.sql

  SET FEEDBACK ON; Turns out it works fine on Windows, but Unix requires the traditional '$...' format.
_at_ $TEMP/gen.sql

I'd like to keep my scripts OS-neutral and stay away from SED simply to substitute '$TEMP' with '%TEMP%' and such.

any suggestions?

I'm running 8.1.7

thanks,

bill milbratz Received on Sat Jul 26 2003 - 02:23:55 CEST

Original text of this message