Re: Disabling Commit and Update

From: kn <keldn_at_kill.spam>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:56:47 +0200

[Quoted] "Jim" <jim_esti_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f0e3dc0b.0307211014.3b7ee8f1_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a basic form and a post button.
> The user is able to view and query a particular table.
>
> When the user presses the post button some calculations are done and
> the table they where looking at is updated via the post button only.
> The calculations and features behind the post button are to
> specialized and complex to do via update trigger or commit trigger.
>
> I can write the post button so that it updates the table correctly.
> What I want to do is disable the user's ability to Commit and Update
> that table via another means than that post button. When I try to add
> triggers to the block the Commit and Updates it effects the updates
> and commits I do on the POST button.
>
> How can one disable the Commit and Update keys/process and yet be able
> to do the same functionality on a button? The only way I want to let
> the user Commit or update is via this post button.
>
> Any Ideas?

key-commit, key-updrec triggers which will do nothing (null;) tool bar ? can't remember what cathes those ones, hopefully the same triggers.
Is this homework, if I my ask ?
If you are able to try it out from a home pc, then download the software from otn.oracle.com (read the license conditions!) Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 23:56:47 CEST

Original text of this message