Re: Disabling Commit and Update

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:29:12 GMT

Hi Jim, thanks for writing this:
> Hello,

<snip>

> How can one disable the Commit and Update keys/process and yet be able
> to do the same functionality on a button? The only way I want to let
> the user Commit or update is via this post button.
>
> Any Ideas?

In the "old days" (and since I haven't used Forms lately, I don't know if it's still the case), I used Oracle Terminal to specify what "action" a particular key performed. For example, using Oracle Terminal, I was able to "map" the F6 key to a "commit" action. I could also "unmap" the F6 key so it no longer performed any action.

By the way, what version of Forms ARE you using?

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]