Re: Oracle 9i DS references

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:36:18 GMT

Nikunj Gupta wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am interested in learning Oracle forms and integrating them with
> Oracle Applications. I have downloaded the developer suite 9i and
> installed it according to the documentation. But I couldn't find any
> beginners tutorial/reference guide. Would some please give me pointers
> on how to start ? If you know about any books, online documentation,
> links please let me know. Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Nikunj

  1. Oracle has a wonderful library called Oracle Technology Network, or OTN. This library contains literature (brochures), documentation, sample code, chat rooms and other neat and helpful features. It's relatively easy to use, for example - to look at documentaiton such as user guides, you can click on link labled 'Documentation', and to look at sample code, you can click on link labled 'Sample Code'.

To go to OTN, please look for the web site http://otn.oracle.com

To go straight to the docs, please look for the web site http://docs.oracle.com

B) Oracle has a wonderful education and training center called Oracle University. This training center has offices in many cities and also an online classroom library. The online library has many classes that you can run, some of which are free. You can study there any time you wish.

To go to this education, please look for the web site http://education.oracle.com. To go to the online library, please click on Online Library

C) Oracle has wonderful users who are willing to help with the most difficult questions. Unfortunately, they are getting tired of answering the same questions over and over again. These wonderful users may become cranky when responding to new users' questions. To help new users avoid getting cranky responses, some of these wonderful users have created some reading materials called FAQs.

To read some of these FAQs, please look for (at least one of)

    http://www.orafaq.com/faq.htm
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/databases/oracle-faq/ Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 04:36:18 CEST

Original text of this message