Finding the status of Oracle Interconnect Adapters

From: ycl <nomail_at_nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:41:37 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to figure out how to automate monitoring of Interconnect Adapters in Oracle.

The Oracle Enterpise Manager has a gui that enables you to see wether an adapter is functioning properly, which is fine for it's use. But for automated monitoring, it's not really very useful.

I've thought of parsing the logfiles from each adapter (and look for errors), but I've discovered that the adapters have a tendency to fail without sending anything to the logfile. (Not anything useful, anyway). I suppose there might be internal oracle tables that hold status information, or even a commandline utility that will give me what I'm looking for, but so far I've been unable to find anything.

Has anybody else looked into this? Or does anybody have any pointers to where I can find any useful information about this (Metalink and the oracle documentation isn't helping me so far ...) ?

regards,

ycl Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 15:41:37 CEST

Original text of this message