Re: Oracle Forms tutorial

From: nimonic <nimonic_at_excite.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2003 17:38:43 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message

> Not heirarchy. Not a question of which triggers fire in what order though that would be a perfectly good
> example of where almost every bit of Forms documentation fails. Rather ... if I want to use a trigger to
> modify a behavior ... how do I get the trigger to perform is normal function before, or after, the code I've
> put into the trigger.
>
> As I've said ... the ability to look up solutions to real-world issues ... is virtually non-existant in every
> book I've seen. I could give ten, twenty, fifty, different examples of basic things a Forms developer might
> wish to look up and would be unable to find an answer in any of the currently available books. Here are a two
> more from a very long list.
>
> What are the built-in environment variables for trapping error conditions?
> What are the built-in environment variables for identifying the current block, item, etc.

Ok I think your talking about On Triggers. On Triggers replace default processing. To perform the default processing you use the associated built-in.

Example: To bypass the default logon processing use an On-logon trigger. Then to perform the default logon use the LOGON built in (you will have to look in the forms help for the right built-in).

Your right, forms is a complicated beast and difficult to document. Received on Sun Jul 13 2003 - 02:38:43 CEST

Original text of this message