Re: SQL Tuning

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 10 Jul 2003 04:42:31 -0700

  • (-) wrote in message news:<3f09ecd5.249779131_at_newzilla.xs4all.nl>...

    > days...
    > >>
    > >> why does that matter? man cant right a good book becuase of his employer?
    > >
    > >No, I meant that perhaps the employer's product may be better, if the man
    > >is/was involved in it's development.
    >
    > OK, so it is Guy Harrison that quest mean with :
    > Offers expert tuning advice developed by Quest Software?s
    > world-renowned Oracle experts on their Quest Central webpage.

well companies tend to play up their products when they get their hands on an author. they pay them more money so they can use them for marketing. and throw their name around.

im raelly skeptical of tuning products. they seem to use scripts that are freely available all over the web and then put a GUI on it... telling you look at our ingenious product.

embarcadero is totally worthless. go download a trial version and see for yourself. Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 13:42:31 CEST

Original text of this message