Re: Error while installing 8.1.7 on Linux

From: Peter Vos <peter.vos_at_dns.be>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:45:19 +0200

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:25:15 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> No, this doesn't seem to be it. Even after setting that no database is to
> be created during install, I get the linker errors.
>
> How can I get Oracle 8i to install?

At the moment you get the linker error, keep the installer running, and install the stubs-patch, then press the 'retry' button in the installer. It then completed linking for me under Redhat 9. (I only had some problems with the last part - configuration - which seemed to hang (no window coming up), but searching through the logfiles will find the exact command that's being run, and I just repeated that manually until JRE felt like displaying the window, then everything worked fine.. (I did a custom client install of 8.1.7 on Redhat 9)

Regards,
Peter. Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 08:45:19 CEST

Original text of this message