Re: GEN: Generate DB Trigger from table

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:26:35 GMT

[Quoted] Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my original message. I need to extract the sql for EXISTING triggers on various Oracle Application tables within a specific schema. For example, I want to recreate the code to generate all the table triggers for tables owned by INV.

Since writing this I found a script on the internet that will recreate the sql for one trigger if I supply the schema and trigger name. I could probably modify the code to generate the sql for ALL triggers under a particular schema by changing the where clause somewhat.

Thanks for the reply.

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 09:16:20 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote:

>"Steven C. Kondolf" wrote:
>
>> Hello -
>>
>> I have a requirement to generate Oracle Appliation table triggers for
>> a specific schema (i.e. INV) and am wondering if anyone has or knows
>> of a script that will generate the sql to create the triggers by
>> reading from the Oracle Tables. Ideally I'd like to supply the schema
>> and have the script create all the trigger code.
>>
>> I was able to go in and "cut-n-paste" them from Enterprise Manager but
>> that was very time consuming especially for a large group of tables.
>>
>> We're on 8.0.5 of the database (11.0.3 of the apps).
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>> Peace,
>> Steve
>> skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com
>
>If the triggers are all identical ... why not just have a simple trigger
>that calls a procedure.

Peace,
Steve
skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com Received on Sun Jul 06 2003 - 18:26:35 CEST

Original text of this message