Re: help needed - migration of Forms 3.0 to Forms 6.0

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:09:58 -0700

Comments interspersed

shery mathew wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some queries regarding migration of Forms 3.0 to Forms 6.0..I
> am sure some one out there will be able to help me out..
>
> 1. Can Forms 3 and 6 application communicate with each other ? e.g. if
> Forms A is in 3 and Forms B is in 6, and they talk to each other - can
> Forms
> A pass arguments to Forms B and vice versa?

No. Well probably but not by any means worth implementing. Maybe if you wrote some low-level C program or something.

> 2. Forms 3 application has SQLMENU; In Forms 6, it will be replaced
> with Forms application for each menu. How do we ensure that a user has
> the
> same entry and exit point if part of the application is in Forms 3 and
> parts
> in Forms 6 ?

You need to do a number of things. The first of which is to forget Forms 3.0. The last time I saw 3.0 was more than a decade ago. And why Forms 6? Why move to another obsolete product? You should go to 6i (I would recommend against 9i at this point for your organization) and have someone that is an expert both rewrite the system and train your people on how to do 6i and 9i development. If you want the names of competent professionals that can do this send me an off-line email.

> Plz help me out in this regard. This's very urgent..
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Shery

Regards,

--