Java / Oracle Callable Statement with Null ResultSet

From: echohead <echohead_at_netzero.net>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 06:18:16 -0700

[Quoted] This is my first shot at a callablestatement, and have had some basic problems (such as wrong number or type of parameters sent) getting this to work. I think I have it working now, except for the fact that my result set continues to be null, and there should be records. Can anyone provide any insight into whether the following code is correct, or, any changes I need to make?

// CODE SNIP

java.sql.Date d = new java.sql.Date(1994, 1, 1);

java.sql.Connection connX =
com.xxxx.XXXX.XXXX.DBODSConnection.getConnection("DEVELOPMENT");

java.sql.CallableStatement callstmt = null; callstmt = connX.prepareCall("begin ? := PKSTATETAX.GETSTATETAXLIST(?, ?); end;");

callstmt.registerOutParameter(1, oracle.jdbc.OracleTypes.CURSOR);
callstmt.setString(2, "PT");
callstmt.setDate(3, d);

callstmt.execute();

java.sql.ResultSet rs2 = (java.sql.ResultSet) callstmt.getResultSet();

// QUICK TEST OF RESULTSET

if (rs2 == null) {out.println("RS null");} else {

    int iCount2 = 0;
    while (cursor.next()) {

        iCount2 = iCount2 + 1;
        out.println(iCount2);

    }
}

Thanks for your help. Received on Fri Jun 27 2003 - 15:18:16 CEST

Original text of this message