Re: Data warehouse

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:50:12 +0100

"Daniela Giovenzana" <supporto.migrazioni_at_netmate.it> wrote in message news:bde6qh$s496s$1_at_ID-126660.news.dfncis.de...
> We need to install a data warehouse on a windows server.
> The packages we have to buy are:
>
> Database: Oracle 9.0.1.2 or next Enterprise Edition.
> Application Server: Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2 or next.
> Oracle Enterprise Manager: OEM 9.0.1.
> Oracle Workflow: Oracle Workflow server: 2.6.1/2.6.2 (2.6.2 is better) and
> Workflow client: 2.6.1
> Warehouse Builder: Release 9.03
>
> Is it correct?

Who knows. Unlike some of the other respondents I'd hesitate to say unless you could describe both the warehouse and the apps that would access it. 9i Std Edition and ASP scripts might suffice. How large is the datawarehouse going to be, how many users, what applications will use it etc etc.

Until you answer these questions you could rewrite your query as

We need to get to work
The things I have to buy are

A lear jet
A pilots licence
2000 litres of fuel an hour (NB this demonstrates I know nothing about aircraft and need to read the concepts guide) A private airfield
A chaffeur
The collected works of Pink Floyd to while away the journey.

Or to quote those datawarehousing experts

I'm in the Hi-Fidelity First Class travelling set and I *think* I need a lear jet

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA