Re: generating progress bar in oracle forms

From: Tiago Rocha <tiagocrspamtalho_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:22:36 -0300

"Manikandan" <member12054_at_dbforums.com> escreveu na mensagem news:3037382.1056461807_at_dbforums.com...

> Hi,
> I need to display the progress bar in my application.
> My program is reading an excel and updating oracle tables.So i should
> show this process using progress bar.

Try this function below:
It have it's parameters in portuguese, easy to figure out what they mean.

FUNCTION Progresso( nAtual in Number, nTotal in Number ) RETURN VarChar2 IS

  nQtNs Number := 0 ;
  nQtPontos Number := 20 ;

BEGIN   if nTotal <> 0 then
    nQtNs := ( nAtual * nQtPontos ) / nTotal ;   end if ;

  Return RPad( 'n', nQtNs, 'n' ) ;

END; You should create a rectangle and put a display item on it, set the font of the display item to wingdings (or any other you want). The 'n' character in wingdings is that little box, great for a progress bar.

Easy aint it?

--
Atenciosamente,
Tiago Rocha