Re: RDBMS : Do we still live in 20th century?

From: tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:22:17 +0200

In article <3efa22cb$1_1_at_news.estpak.ee>, valentin_at_abelectron.com says...
> It is much more convenient to define a type of a column selecting it from a
> combo box of possible types. I create tables only once, fill them with
> columns, set attributes for the columns. Then I set relations between fields
> of different tables. There is absolutely no need to program these scripts
> again and again for every table. Why none of the modern RDBMS I know about
> do not provide the functionality like MS Enterprise Manager does?

MS Enterprise Manager is not an RDBMS, it's a tool that sits in front of an RDBMS from Microsoft. There are tools that let you click around an Oracle DB just as well. Get your terms straight, do your homework, then get back to us. Or don't.

  • Tom