Re: date functions

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:48:16 GMT

This can be easily answered by looking at the DATE functions described in the SQL Reference manual (see http://otn.oracle.com > documentation)

> or maybe how to find prices form table:
>
> table :
>
> price | effective_start_date| effective_end_date
>
> I need select all prices efecctive in month of may
> I mean :
>
> ended in may
> started and ended in may
> started in may

If I understand correctly: (using 'month' instead of 'may' to make it generic)

select all prices where
  (the effective_start_date exists and is not greater than the end of the month) AND
  (either the effective_end_date is not set or the effective_end_date is less than the end of the month + 1) Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 17:48:16 CEST

Original text of this message