Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:53:58 +1000

"Keith" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:vf7l7nsqdfbmb3_at_news.supernews.com...

> I am looking to buy database software and tools.

Are you really? So why are you bothering with Postgres, isn't it free?

> I ran into this
> article.

You use "articles" to make up your mind?

> Should one avoid Oracle and go to cheaper alternatives like
> PostgreSql (http://postgresql.org)?

People like you, yes. Absolutely. Have a good trip.

>I thought this was an interesting
> article.

It's only about three or four years old, cited and "doctored" quite often by your crap organization.

> In Toronto, meanwhile, city officials are trying to unravel a $13
> million deal with Oracle that officials say stuck the local government
> with thousands of databases licenses it will never need.
>
> ``I feel like Oracle took advantage of us,'' said David Miller, a
> Toronto city councilor looking into the controversial deal. Miller said
> Oracle salespeople appear to have pressured bureaucrats to sign the deal
> before Dec. 31, 1999, while city officials were distracted by
> preparations for Y2K. Miller said city officials are trying to kill the
> deal.

"Meanwhile", and in 1999? Hellooo, stupid ass? Are you totally convinced everyone else is a cretin as you are?

People, can any1 spot the obvious troll? Stop replying to this idiot. It's more
than well known what he's after.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto