[EXP/IMP] Tablespace duplication logically OK but physically wrong.

From: Manfred Pruntsch <manfred.pruntsch_at_ifcos.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:26:49 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] I duplicated a tablespace for testing purposes from user1/tblspace1 --> user2/tblspace2 in the way:
1. Export
exp user/password PARFILE=export.par log=export.log TABLESPACES=tblspace1
GRANTS=Y
CONSISTENT=Y
ROWS=Y
INDEXES=Y
FILE=tblspace1.dmp

2. Import
imp user/password PARFILE=import.par log=import.log FILE=tblspace1.dmp
GRANTS=Y
IGNORE=N
ROWS=Y
INDEXES=Y
SHOW=N
FROMUSER=user_of_tblspace1
TOUSER=user_of_tblspace2
TABLES=(*) It seems to be that all works fine. The import log file looks good. I find the tables under tblspace2 as expected. Logically all looks fine but physically it doesn't:
The imported data were put into the file according to tblspace1! Before import: 60% usage
After import: 92% usage.
The file belonging to tblspace2 didn't changed anyway (0,5% usage before and after).
I want to have the imported data in the appropriate file of tblspace2. At the moment I have a tablespace with several hundreds of megabyte and the other one with only 1-2 MB. I would suggest that isn't the best constellation for a good performance.
How do I get the import data from tblspace1 physically to tblspace2?

Any hints would be appreciated.
regards
Manfred Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 11:26:49 CEST

Original text of this message