Re: Error during installation Oracle9i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:11:09 GMT

Sphinx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Oracle9i but I have a problem while I'm installing the
> tool "Database Configuration Assistant".
> During the installation of that tool, I get the following message: "Invalid
> EXT descripture signature"
> and the installation of that tool stops.
> What can I do to resolve this problem?

My (our) crystal ball is not working too well today, and telepathy has not been perfected to the point where we can get the appropriate background directly from your mind <g> Therefore,

Would you please post the operating system & version, as well as the version of the database you are trying to install. Also indicate whether you are installing from Oracle-supplied CD or from downloaded software (and if downloaded, from hard disk or CD)

There are a number of reasons for this (in some OSs this could be a Java related problem) although it appears more like a source problem that I'd expect from a bad download. Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 18:11:09 CEST

Original text of this message