Re: Oracle9i Developer Suite installation trouble

From: bytor <member31155_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:51:44 +0000

The post you so obviously were looking down your nose on while replying was the only thing Google returned when I was looking for a solution to the same problem I'm having.

I'll check around the site to see if I can find a solution, but if all participants are like you, I'm sure about the best I'll find is something like "Get a Sun and run Solaris, moron!". Which is exactly the platform I'm migrating *off* of.

FWIW, I get "There was an error during loading library: fileQueries" repeatedly during the install. Even if I choose Custom and before I even get prompted for which components I want to install. It can't even get to that point without the installer popping up that error message about 8 times, even if I select "Stop installation of all products".

Windoze2000 Advanced Server
Dell 4600 with a pair of Xeon 2.8's

And all I'm trying to do is get ODBC drivers installed so SQL Server can interact with Oracle so I can get started migrating a large Oracle db.

[Quoted] Edit: Same results whether installing from CD or download file. Read the documentation? One wouldn't think one would need to when one is simply running "Setup.exe". Although one could view this as confirmation of the wisdom of migrating away from Oracle.