Re: Oracle 9i install ate my Microsoft IIS 5

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:44:44 GMT

You are having a problem because by default, IIS and Apache both listen on port 80. Only one piece of software can listen on a port at any one time. If you don't want to change the port, then run one, or the other, but not both. Or, you could modify one to listen on a different port (common ports are 81, 8080). That way, you could have both running at the same time.

HTH,
Brian

oracle wrote:

> If I may , I only remember suggesting that I want to switch control between
> both not turn them BOTH off.
> Why don't I go ahead & uninstall my Windows OS & uninstall my
> computer & uninstall my house already :)
>
> "Paul Drake" <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "oralcle" <___linux____at_usa.net> wrote in message
> > > My IIS 5 was working fine before I installed Oracle 9i.
> > >
> > > Then the IIS 5 stopped working.
> > > Upon investigation, when I type http:// localhost in my browser, it
> points
> > > to freaking
> > > Apache webserver.
> > > This is good in a way 'cause I can now learn Apache but how the hell do
> > > switch the control between IIS 5 & Apache ?
> >
> > if you aren't using them, uninstall them both.
> >
> > Pd

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"