Re: Deploying forms on the web

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:55:28 GMT

M wrote:

> I see. I know it should be my effort to check out more and read more
> documents. However,
> my boss(es) seems don't have patience to give me sufficient time to read.
> Therefore, I really
> want to make the problems solved ASAP and then read those relavent docs to
> strengthen my
> understandings at home.

[Quoted] I understand about the time issues and the boss issues. That's why the hint - [Quoted] when looking at Oracle's documentation, you need to be creative and ask the [Quoted] question slightly differently or look a page further. When compared to the [Quoted] turn-around time of the forum, the frustrations, etc ......

Another hint - OTN will always have the latest technology on the top pages. So [Quoted] the 9i will always be the most visible. But the 'archived' information on
>>supported<< versions of the same technology will still be on the site, with
the pointers usually available from the latest version's pages or from the [Quoted] search utility. (They need to have the most recent visible first to encourage [Quoted] you to upgrade, in part so they can retire the old product and move the support-related money back to R&D.)

> There's too much to learn/use at work, you know, Oracle, XML, SOAP, HTML,
> XHTML, Java, ASP,
> etc... Just wonder why boss(es) hire only two guys (incl. myself) to do the
> entire work! I used
> to think IT is interesting while in campus, but,... it turns out to be very
> time-consuming
> in real work. In particular, most non-IT boss(es) don't really
> understanding the difficulities.
> :<

And the bosses are asking themselves why we don't understand their business [Quoted] needs and why we always seem to spend time looking at pet projects or neat utilities and wanting to spend their money.

Yes, there is a lot to learn, and keep learning. I do sincerely sympathize. So [Quoted] welcome to the real world! It's not just a job, it's a way of life! The biggest part of our job is to keep reading and learning - and I hope the hints [Quoted] above help your efforts in that. Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 18:55:28 CEST

Original text of this message