Re: Can't run report in ASYNCHRONOUS mode - forms/reports 9i

From: Brian Moore <brian.moore_at_thinkspark.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2003 13:26:38 -0700

Hi Arturo,

I spent two days this week trying to solve an identical problem and have come up with a workaround. The Communication Mode property, to the best of my knowledge, does absolutely nothing in Forms9i. In order to call a report and have control returned to the form, I had to use the reports server parameter SCHEDULE=NOW passed as a parameter list to RUN_REPORT_OBJECT. The code is as follows:

declare
  repid report_object;
  v_rep varchar2(8);
  pl_id paramlist;
begin
  pl_id := create_parameter_list('tmpdata');   add_parameter(pl_id,'SCHEDULE',text_parameter,'NOW');   repid := find_report_object('m_cnt_mbr_mt');   v_rep := run_report_object(repid,pl_id); end;

Good luck!

Brian