Re: Forms - checking all values for changes - Including inserts and deletes

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 22:31:13 +0200

On 4 Jun 2003 13:02:22 -0700, sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com (steve deno) wrote:

>Unfortunately, as a contractor, firing the DBA is not an option.
>Anyway, They want to have this thing done completely within the forms,
>so would anyone happen to know a way to identify newly created
>records? Maybe then I can actually set the database_value properties?

Just forget about it. Even if you would get it working it will be overkill as this code wouldn't run on the server. It also wouldn't track any changes made outside forms.
If you give way to their ignorance your project is doomed to fail, and eventually you or your employer will pay the price for it. Your choice!

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 22:31:13 CEST

Original text of this message