Re: ORA-12451

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:31:29 GMT

The service name may be correct, but is the definition for this service name correct? Since you can connect from another, remote machine, it sounds like the Listener is running. And you've verified that it is running, correct? If that is the case, then you are probably trying to connect to a machine that is not running an Oracle listener. Double check all of your net-related config files again.

HTH,
Brian

priya wrote:

> HI,
> I am working in oracle 9i release2.
> While trying to connect thru sql worksheet getting an error
> the service name, user name , password are right though.
> ORA-12541 TNS: no listener.
>
> But thru netmanager- the service is getting connected.
> Please help. Priya

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"