Re: How to build a report using a stored procedure

From: Abraham <wsp63002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2003 06:53:52 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<193qdv8t4d3lelh6v8kq27hdrvkarb1tjm_at_4ax.com>...
> On 3 Jun 2003 12:34:18 -0700, wsp63002_at_yahoo.com (Abraham) wrote:
>
> >How do you begin/create a new report off a stored procedure? I am so
> >new to this that I just intalled the developer suite (9i) today and
> >was asked to build a report already...we now use actuate.
> >
> >Any help would be great (I've been reading a lot from OTN, but not
> >seeing anything concrete on procedures...just pl/sql).
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >-abe
>

> Look up REF CURSOR in your manual and/or hire a consultant.
> Do not expect the group is going to do your work for you for free
>
> And, BTW: Developer comes with documentation. Please read it,
> preferably before asking questions.
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

On one hand, thank you for your response. On the other - why do you have to come across as being condescending? I did not ask you or this group to do my work...I asked for informatin on how to 'begin'. Those are not very nice comments for someone who is trying to learn. Thank you for making me feel like crap and for reminding me of what kind of human being I desire not to be. Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 15:53:52 CEST

Original text of this message