OC4J Default Port Not Enabled. Does anybody knows a solution

From: Carlos F. Enguix <carlos_at_must-es.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 11:19:32 -0700

[Quoted] I have seen the misleading ORACLE documentation as always, installed the OC4J as indicated in the options:
java -jar oc4j.jar -install
Then activate the OC4J as java -jar oc4j.jar with the default options

I realized ports 80 are activated for the apache http web server, 8080 for the servlet engine but could not get running port 8888 as indicated on the documentation. Even tried other ports as indicated on the default ports usage in Oracle OC4J HTTP Listener 3301 but nothing.

Am i supposed to get a welcome page indicating OC4J activation as in ports 80 or 8080 for the apache web server and servlet engine respectively.

I have seen somebody recommending using the Orion application server is it worthwhile or use Tomcat instead for a small JSP application.

Thanks for your help in advance

Cheers

Carlos Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 20:19:32 CEST

Original text of this message