Re: STUCK WITH INTERNAL PASSWORD

From: Bestja <test_at_test.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:49:18 +0200

[Quoted] By default in 8.1.x, a new database will use Windows NT Native Authentication by having the following already set in the SQLNET.ORA file:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) This will allow any privileged user defined in the NT user group (named ORA_<sid>_DBA) to login to database without providing a password.

To disable this feature and force all users to provide a password, simply comment out the above in the SQLNET.ORA file: