STUCK WITH INTERNAL PASSWORD

From: Zahid Khan <zahid_h_khan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 00:12:01 -0700

[Quoted] Dear Friends,

I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Server.

I executed Server Manager (SVRMGRL) and gave the following command:

SVRMGR> connect internal
connected.

It does not ask for password of internal. Although, I have tried to change the password file through ORAPWD. It replaces the password file PWDorcl.ora but even then it does not ask for the password. I think there is some problem with the authentication. Please help me that how can it be forced to authenticate while connecting as Internal. An interesting thing here is that if we connect as any user other than Internal it asks for the password.

Please help.

Regards,
Zahid Khan Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:12:01 CEST

Original text of this message