Can a web based report handle a wildcard?

From: Mike <spam_at_spam.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:21:47 +0100

I've built a report with Reports Developer that contains a parameter which can contain the % wildcard.

It works fine with the paper-based report, but when I run it as a web report I get the error:

"REP-52006: Failed to decode the specified URL %1"

This is because the url contains "location=%". It is correct, that is an invalid URL.

I can change the wildcard to %25 (URL encoded value for %), but then the param builder compains:

"The value of restricted LOV parameter LOCATION is not among the selectable
values."

Any ideas? Or am I just not allowed to use wildcards....?

---