Re: Oracle Forms VS Java

From: Daniel Frechette <daniel_at_multipro.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 03:35:31 GMT

Thank you very much, Hans and Micheal, for your answers.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee my client upgrading to a more recent version of Forms in the near future.

[Quoted] Hans, what do you mean by "... Oracle decided to drop client-server and drop forcing compatibility with client-server style interaction"? A Web-based architecture is and will always be client-server.

[Quoted] My client has many applications written in Forms 4.5 and very few written in Java/J2EE. I was originally hired to develop a Java/J2EE solution but some Forms developers started to challenge that decision and I'm now forced to justify it. Can you give me more input on Forms 4.5.

Thank you,
Daniel
Montreal, Canada Received on Sat May 31 2003 - 05:35:31 CEST

Original text of this message