Re: Oracle 7 :moving tablespaces

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:13:25 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:13:29 +0200, "Darksheep's Revenge" <vi_at_cal.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>To free more space, I need to move tablespaces (data,index,rbs,system and
>temp) from an HD to another.
>Can anyone explain to me step by step how to do this work whithout loosing
>data?
>
>In Storage Manager there is not way to do a "move".
>
>system is a Unix 4.0d over a digital aplha server 1200; oracle 7
>
>tnx a lot.

shut the database, move the tablespaces
startup mount
alter database rename '<oldfile>' to '<newfile>' alter database open

or
alter database backup controlfile to trace edit the tracefile
recreate the controlfile by running the tracefile

and -oh yes- please do not cross and multipost

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri May 30 2003 - 12:13:25 CEST

Original text of this message