Re: Oracle Designer VS ERWin --- Comments

From: Robert A.M. van Lopik <lopik_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 14:05:45 +0100

[Quoted] "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:c091dvcj4mhlgdu9dfooe0jmnd4cmjpc8k_at_4ax.com...
> Oracle *IS* moving away from Designer. It will be desupported in 2005.

I know that Oracle considers Designer to be "mature technology" , but do you have
a reference supporting your 2005 deadline? I can't find it on Metalink.

> The explanation for this seems to be Designer is developed in the UK,
> the UK never wanted to transfer the product to the US, so currently
> it's only popular in the UK and the Netherlands.

Or more like a NIH syndrom from the part of Oracle-US? Anyway, Designer never
was a bestseller in the USA.

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

[Quoted] rob van lopik Received on Sun May 25 2003 - 15:05:45 CEST

Original text of this message