Re: Oracle 9i R2 9.2.0 Response Files

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 23:35:15 -0700

jonathans_at_razorleafcorp.com (Jonathan Scott) wrote in message news:<cd668263.0305201145.3269cd6_at_posting.google.com>...
> I can do almost everything I want to do with the response file for
> installing Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise Edition except...
>
> What entry do you need to make in the response file to keep the
> 'Create Database' screen from appearing? (This is the screen that
> asks you if you want to create a database at the end of the
> installation; in other words, do you want to launch the Database
> Configuration Assistant (dbca)?)
>
> My response file is pretty basic and I can't see any line that is
> specifically asking for this screen to appear. I even tried putting
> in the following lines to try to remove a default setting that is
> causing it to appear:
>
> [oracle.assistants.dbca_9.2.0.1.0]
> OPTIONAL_CONFIG_TOOLS={}
>
> I could automate the entire first stage of the installation if I could
> just get this stupid screen to go away.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Jonathan Scott
> PDM Consultant
> Razorleaf Corporation

I used this in my installation (SE) and it did not pop up. You can test it for EE.

[oracle.server_9.2.0.1.0]
s_cfgtyperet="Software only"

and

[oracle.assistants.dbca_9.2.0.1.0]
OPTIONAL_CONFIG_TOOLS=<Value Unspecified>

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu May 22 2003 - 08:35:15 CEST

Original text of this message