Admin Asst For Windows XP - No Can Find

From: MrBill <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:13:56 GMT

Hi Oracles,
[Quoted] I just installed Oracle for Windows on my XP laptop. I want to use the Admin tool which is available through the Microsoft Mgt Console.

If I go into Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management

I get what appears to be an MMC but with the title bar saying "Computer Management". This looks just like an MMC, and the About dialog box even mentions MMC along with Computer Management. So it appears Computer Management is an MMC configured for my computer only.

It does not contain any objects that refer to my new Oracle installation.

It seems that I do not have the full-blown MMC available. Note, I am running XP Home Edition (stop laughing!).

I suspect I either have to:

  • Find and install the full MMC console.
  • Upgrade to XP Pro
  • Find another way to use the Oracle Admin Tool.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Rodgers Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 17:13:56 CEST

Original text of this message