Oracle 9i 9.2.0 on Linux refuses to compile occi and jdbc examples

From: Johan Johansson <johan.johansson_at_home.se>
Date: 21 May 2003 00:19:01 -0700

Hello
My installation looks as follows:

Windows XP Professional with Oracle 9i Standard Server.

Linux Redhat 8 with Oracle 9i (9.2.0) client. The problem is that if I try to make e g the occidemos examples, the OTT reports that "quoted string not properly ended". The same error message comes if I try to connect with the oemapp (enterprise manager). However, if I connect with sqlplus all looks fine.

I've noticed that when I compile the occidemos I can't use the g++3.2 so I changed the Makefile to use g++2.96. Before that change I could not compile at all.

I have JDK 1.4.1 installed, can that be the issue?

Hope someone can help me...

b.r
Johan Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 09:19:01 CEST

Original text of this message