About .NET, Windows CE, and Oracle

From: Juan Ant. Santiago <nonono_at_lapeli.no>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:12:08 GMT

Hi you all.
Has any of you ever used the .net compact framework accessing to an oracle database? I've done this:
  • Installed SDE (Smart device extensions) over Visual Studio .NET 2002
  • Downloaded and installed Microsoft .NET Data Provider for Oracle.

I add the reference to my Smart Device Application Project, and I get a System.Typeload Exception if I try to declare an OracleConnection reference.

The most amazing thing to me, it's that it just doesn't execute anything. It doesn't fail at the line where I create the object, but doesn't execute anything!

I really appreciate any help, since I need to do this. Did I do anything wrong?

Thank you very much. Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 10:12:08 CEST

Original text of this message