Re: Oracle9i Developer Suite installation trouble

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 May 2003 05:24:54 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3EB91C92.26A263C2_at_exxesolutions.com>...
> wf9003 wrote:
>
> > Originally posted by Daniel Morgan

> > > Hi. when I'm trying to help someone by answering questions I
> > > always get
> > > the same error
> > >
> > > My message:
> > >
> > > No hardware platform information
> > > No operating system information
> > > No information as to whether new install or upgrade
> > > No indication of whether installation instructions were read
> > > No information as to whether loading from CD or download file
> > > No crystal ball, tarot cards, or psychic provided
> > >
> > > Can anybody help?
> > >
> > > Daniel Morgan
> >
> > I want to install the oracle9i client,I have the sam error:
> > Hardware: TOSHIBA PORTEGE 2010,PIII
> > OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP1
> > First install :the OS is Windows XP Home Edition,got the error.
> > Install the Windows XP Home Edition SP1,delete the oracle folder,and run
> > regedit to delete the ORACLE key,got the same error .
> >
> > error loading generalQueries
> > error loading fileQueries
> > error loading areasQueries
> > error loading clustersQueries
> >
> > Can you help me?
> >
> > --
>
> Upgrade your operating system to XP Professional. Home means home ... in
> short a follow up on other near worthless Microsoft operating systems like
> CE and ME.

[Quoted] I had no problems installing developer suite 9i at home on XP professional. Same with the database. Am having problems with Apache. Ran once, rebooted now its not configured properly. Been too lazy to reinstall. Might be an XP problem.

Was able to get 6i easily installed on Windows 98 as well. Received on Thu May 08 2003 - 14:24:54 CEST

Original text of this message