Re: SQL Works but PL/SQL hangs

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:14:53 -0400

[Quoted] On 5 May 2003 07:42:47 -0700, Amir wrote:

> amirrazakhan_at_hotmail.com (Amir) wrote in message news:<8c1ec68c.0305042245.6fb7405c_at_posting.google.com>...

>>> I suspect that it is a "permissions" problem.
>>>
>>> Access to an object which are obtained via a ROLE
>>> will work as desired using SQL*PLUS.
>>> However access to an object when using PL/SQL
>>> can ONLY be accomplished when the invoker has
>>> been explicitly GRANTed access to the object.
>>>
>>> SQL*Net complicates the situation and if there are
>>> version differences between the local & remote sessions
>>> this too can impact the results.
>>
>> Thanx for quick and precise reply. But I am still not clear what sort
>> of permissions do I require to run it thru PL/SQL.
>> It would be great help if you could please post me the soloution of
>> SQL*Net version difference problem. I mean is there any SQL*Net
>> version compatibility parameter that need to be set ?
>>
>> ~~Amir
>
> I think this problem is due to SQL*Net Compatibility. The database
> link connects the Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 7.3.3. Hence the Net8
> communicate with the SQL*Net ver2. Can u please help me out in this
> compatibility problem? Thanks.
>
> ~~Amir

I don't think it's a compatibility problem. Net8 and Sqlnet 2.3 (Oracle 7.3.3) should be completely compatible. If you really want to identify why the session's hanging, use a 2nd session to look at what it's waiting on while it's hanging. Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 17:14:53 CEST

Original text of this message