help with query thanks

From: jess <jesskelpie_at_hotmail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 22:23:52 +1000

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a long list of locations each with a latitude and longitude and I wish to select all that fall within an odd shaped boundary defined by lat and long points. I can select all within a radius of a point or all within a rectangle (the simple ones I guess) but need to select all within an odd shaped polygon such as as meandering river basin or a locality boundry. I will be using an sqlplus query to extract the locations. If OT please suggest a relavent group. I tried uk.education.maths but drew a blank.Thanks. Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 14:23:52 CEST

Original text of this message