Re: Table acess and growth

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 16:29:48 -0700

Amit Kaushal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have oracle 8.0.6 running on solaris 2.6.
>
> The database has been up and performing for the last two years. What i
> want to do is as follows:
>
> 1) I want to find and list the tables that get accessed the maximum
> number of times.
>
> 2) I want to be able to find/ figure out a pattern in which the tables
> are growing so that i can re organise the storage parameters.
>
> 3) I want to draw a graph of as to how the database has been doing.
>
> 4) I also want to make a list of queries that are used regularly so
> that they can be tuned.

[Quoted] Take a look at V$TRANSACTION where execution counts are stored. [Quoted] If you have a decent amount of available disk space, you can enable SQL TRACE at the instance level & collect trace files for a day. Then with tkprof, you can get EXPLAIN PLANS for every SQL statement. Received on Sat May 03 2003 - 01:29:48 CEST

Original text of this message