Re: sqlldr: how to ingore spaces in source file?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 19:35:53 GMT

"Ed Wong" <ewong_at_mail.com> wrote in message news:a5ae1554.0305011011.7d5bdc5b_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I need to use sqlldr to load into a 3 column tables from a flat file.
> The flat file looks like below. There are spaces within column. How
> can I tell sqlldr to ignore/trim the spaces in front and after the
> data?
>
> 1 | all | synonym
> 2 | Bacteria | Bacteria <bacteria>

SQL Loader will trim automatically the spaces, just specify the pipe "|" character as field separator, this is the normal behaviour, there is no need at all to add blanks in the field separator string. You might want also to specify OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"', just in case sometimes strings are inside quotes.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Thu May 01 2003 - 21:35:53 CEST

Original text of this message