Re: Component between ADO & 9i

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:03:57 +0100

[Quoted] A common approach to this is to write your own sql parser that spits out compliant sql for each database it supports.

However as the products are different with different design philosophies, architecture and performance patterns I would suggest that it is impossible [Quoted] to produce a database independent app that doesn't have problems with at least one platform. In fact gicven that people can't even write strucutured text
[Quoted] (HTML) that supports the multitude of browser clients out there it surprises [Quoted] me that people imagine that writing transactional database apps independent [Quoted] of the db app would be an easier task.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA