Re: Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 14:24:12 -0700

> I am amazed that people can be so stupid.

Me too.

When a writer works for a publisher, they no longer have ANY claim to the material. Besides, as an Oracle employee, Howard J. Rogers should not have been so rude and condescending.

[Quoted] It is the deceit and arrogance that bothers me.

[Quoted] Howard J. Rogers could have sent a private e-mail, but he chose to post a "it sucks" thread on six large newsgroups instead. Remember, Hoard J. Rogers did this smear knowing that he was not entitled to place his copyright.

[Quoted] Also, Howard J. Rogers all but admitted in the other thread that he created Lydian Third solely to thwart Oracle Corporations claim of ownership over their material:

[Quoted] This quote by Howard J. Rogers is pretty clear:

"Depressed though I am at recent events, such comments have persuaded me that it is worthwhile to keep going . . . The site that was taken down was my fifth. "Lydian Third" is a musical term. My trusty OED tells me that it is "the mode represented by the natural diatonic scale F-F."

[Quoted] Given the above, and the fact that Howard J. Rogers wrote that www.hjrdba.com was the fifth site he had taken down, I would have a really hard time believing that Howard J. Rogers does not have anything to do with Lydian Third.

[Quoted] Granted, the fellow should not willy-nilly reproduce web pages, but that does not give Howard the right to publicly humiliate them, especially as an Oracle Corporation employee and author.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Frankly, I think that there are no "clean hands" on either side of this dispute. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 23:24:12 CEST

Original text of this message