BC4J vs J2EE

From: Puneet Agarwal <puneet_at_daffodilwoods.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:51:08 +0530

Hi,

I was evaluating BC4J for my project. I realized that BC4J approach is very different from the J2EE approach. You don't even use Entity Beans. All you do while using BC4J is create a sessionbean which delegates all the calls to the BC4J library. You implement your business logic in BC4J components, which is by no means in sync with the j2ee recommended approach.

I found this article from Oracle

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html

clarifying the doubts similar to mine but still I'm not convinced. Its difficult for me to agree that Entity Beans who I belive are the heart of J2EE are useless. Any comments shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks,.

Puneet Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 22:21:08 CEST

Original text of this message